This page contains helpful information for Landlords who rent out their properties and for tenants who rent a flat or house at Brockwell Gate.
If you are a Landlord, there are obligations that you must undertake to ensure that buildings insurance and other important matters continue to be complied with, particularly if you are renting out a flat. A Landlord is classed as someone who rents their property out in full (e.g. the whole flat) or in part (e.g. continues to live in the property but with a tenant). Here are a few terms and a full list can be found in the Guidebook and in your legal documents such as Transfer, Lease or Covenant.
- Please download the property update form and complete it detailing your contact details and emergency contact details for the tenant and letting agent. Please send to the address given on the form by Royal Mail or by scanning and emailing. You may download the property update form here.
- Please advise your tenant of this website and ensure that they are familiar with the Guidebook and all terms of your lease or transfer, as the owner is still liable for all breaches of terms.
- Flats and houses may only be used as one single private dwelling house in the occupation of one household only. Properties must not be sub-divided into individual parts or rooms for letting purposes. Please note that this covenant will be strictly enforced.
- Houses and flats must not be let on short-terms agreements. Properties must be sublet for a minimum period of six (6) months.
- Updated Landlords must comply with Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 regarding statutory obligations to maintain gas appliances that they own. By law, all landlords are required to arrange for a Gas Safe registered engineer to check all gas appliances and flues within 12 months of being installed and then at least every twelve months. They are also required to complete any necessary maintenance and repairs of gas appliances, flues and pipework. According to the HSE, Landlords include people who have a lodger. For a complete list of who the regulations apply to, click here. For further information, please visit www.hse.gov.uk/gas/landlords
- Ensure that your tenants are fully aware of the covenants and associated restrictions and information about the company.
- Ensure tenants respect the rules and the lives of their neighbours regarding parking, noise, cleanliness and other restrictions.